Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
The Best Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Los Angeles
Expert Attorneys in Workplace Injuries
Defensor Latino: L.A.’s Workers’ Compensation attorneys
Remaining safe in the workplace should not be a struggle. If you have suffered a jobsite injury that was caused by your employer’s negligence, you could be entitled to workers’ compensation. Defensor Latino’s workers’ compensation attorneys act as your partners following a workplace injury, fighting on your behalf to ensure you are appropriately compensated for your suffering.
Take action after your workplace injury: Schedule a free consultation with the workers’ compensation attorneys at Defensor Latino today!
Get a Free Consultation
Understanding Workers’ Compensation Laws in L.A.
Common Workplace Injuries
Traumatic Brain Injury
Spinal Cord Injuries
Cuts & Lacerations
Permanent Disability or disfigurement
skin & eye irritation
Common Workplace Injury Causes
What we see causes the most workplace injuries
Workplace injuries can be caused by many different things, some of which may be caused by negligence while others may be caused by the demands of the job. Common causes include:
- Using workplace tools or machinery.
- Repetitive motions that impact the body over time.
- Unsafe working conditions, such as uneven surfaces or unmarked hazards.
- Falling objects.
- Transportation incidents.
- Workplace violence.
- Exposure to harmful chemicals, substances, or environments.
Some job sites are inherently more dangerous than others, such as railroads, construction sites, or chemical manufacturing plants. If you or a loved one has suffered a workplace injury, make sure you get the compensation you are owed by scheduling a free consultation with Defensor Latino today.
Were you involved in a workplace injury and need to know your options?
California Law & Workers’ Compensation
How to understand who is at fault
In California, workers’ compensation laws are focused on employment-related injuries and illnesses, regardless of who is at-fault. It is important to understand the dates and deadlines that apply to workers’ compensation laws so you can ensure you take the proper steps following your jobsite injury. The following are some of the most important deadlines that California employees need to know:
- You have 30 days to give written notice of any workplace injury you incur to your employer.
- Your employer must provide a claim form to you within one day of receiving your written notice.
- You have one year to file a claim from the date of receiving your claim form.
California employers are legally bound to provide workers’ compensation to all employees. In California, the workers’ compensation system is “no-fault,” which means that if you were injured in the workplace, you are entitled to a comprehensive medical treatment, monetary compensation, and retraining if you qualify. It does not matter if the accident was caused by a mistake you made — you are still entitled to treatment and compensation for your injuries.
Not sure what legal options are available to you following your job site injury? Schedule a free consultation with the workers’ compensation lawyers at Defensor Latino to learn how we can help!
Workers’ Compensation FAQs
When should I hire a workers’ compensation attorney?
Immediately after you report the incident to your employer and they provide you with a Workers’ Compensation Claim Form (DWC1), contact Defensor Latino at (818) 726-7100.
What will a workers’ compensation attorney do for you?
At Defensor Latino, our Workers’ Compensation attorneys will evaluate your case at no charge. If you do decide to hire us, we will refer you to a certified medical specialist that is capable of treating your injuries. Our team will advance any and all costs, and you will not pay the attorney’s fees until your case is settled.
Your Post Workplace Accident Checklist
What should you do if you have been in a workplace accident in L.A.?
- Inform your supervisor of the accident and explain the details of what happened, even if you believe it was “your fault.”
- Provide written notice of the workplace accident to your employer within 30 days of the incident.
- Request immediate medical attention and an ambulance if you are dizzy, have double vision, have strong headaches, or feel nauseous as these are symptoms of a brain injury.
- Assume the pain will go away (unless it is a slight discomfort).
- Be afraid that you will be laid off due to the fact that you are legitimately enforcing your rights as an injured worker in California.
- Worry about your immigration status after you have been injured at work — you are still entitled to workers’ compensation even if you are not a United States citizen under California state law.
- Assume that telling your supervisor you were injured suffices as “reporting” your injury under the law — you must be provided with a Workers’ Compensation Claim Form (DWC1) with the Seal of the State of California for your claim to be legitimate.
- Wait several days or weeks to contact Defensor Latino.
What to Expect
What is the process from injury to settlement?
After you contact the workers’ compensation attorneys at Defensor Latino, our team will carefully evaluate your case and guide you through the claims filing process. We will refer you to a certified medical specialist to treat your injuries even if your employer has referred you to a specialist of their own. You will also receive a designated “medical concierge;” a member of our team dedicated to scheduling medical appointments, guiding you through your treatment plan, and suggesting options for your injuries even if you do not have health insurance.
You will not need to worry about court hearings, court dates, depositions, the mediation hearing, or court expenses as we settled 93% of cases out of court. We will file a workers’ compensation claim on your behalf to secure the best medical treatment available and obtain the maximum monetary compensation to which you are entitled under California law.
Defensor Latino: L.A.’s Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
Trust the Experts
At Defensor Latino, our team has a proven track record for earning our clients the workers’ compensation to which they are entitled. In fact, our team helped earn more than $1.3 million on behalf of an injured worker and his family whose claim had been denied twice before coming to our team. That case in question was Don Dang Vs. TDK Industries, Inc. Do not settle for anything less than what you are legally owed by the state of California: Contact Defensor Latino to schedule a free workers’ compensation legal consultation with our team today!